Tourism has been for many years the major catalyst for economic growth in St. Kitts and Nevis.
- The Hotel Aids Act provides relief from customs duties on items brought into the country for use in construction, extension and equipping of a hotel of not less than 10 bedrooms.
- In addition, hotel developers can qualify for special tax relief benefits for hotels of more than 30 bedrooms.
- These hotels are exempt from income tax for 10 years.
- If the hotel contains less than 30 bedrooms, gains or profits would be exempt from income tax for 5 years.
- The Real Estate and Construction Sectors are booming and, there is a rush to own luxury hill-top villas and stunning beach front homes.
- Why the rush? It is brand new and less expensive than most other Caribbean destinations!
- St. Kitts now boast a rapidly growing Cruise Tourism Sector
- Port Zante on St. Kitts is now considered a must on any cruise ship’s itinerary
- Port Zante is home to an assortment of fine jewelry shops, boutiques and a marina.